Again Welcome to Alaina Elise Media.
If you've made it here, you're obviously curious. So here it is.
I am a one-woman show, for now! As a freelance copywriter, I am fairly new to the craft. I enjoy words and crafting great content and in the name of transparency.
No, I haven't been doing this for 10 years. I've been a copywriter for the last year and interested in Digital Marketing for the last 7.
I have completed several courses specifically related to Copywriting, SEO, content creation, Business Administration, Management, and Marketing. Add this to my extensive personal research and the many books, articles, and blogs I've consumed. I feel confident that I can provide you with the content and copy you and your business deserve.
Once we have had our initial chat and discussed your needs (which is free), I will send you an Intake pack. This pack comprises:
All Terms and Conditions are implicitly agreed to upon acceptance of a copywriting quote or the signing of the Copywriting Agreement.
AEM: refers to Alaina Elise Media.
The Client: refers to the client, the client’s business, the representative of the client and client’s business, or others working for or with the client, the client’s business, or the clients
Copy: refers to the clients copy, or content, or materials sent to AEM for use in the clients copy or content.
1. Alaina Elise Media agrees to keep all materials supplied by the client confidential. A non-Disclosure agreement can be signed if not found detrimental to Alaina Elise Media or its Employees.
2. The Client agrees to indemnify Alaina Elise Media with regards to or because of accidental disclosure or loss of confidential information or copyrighted works.
3. Alaina Elise Media agrees not to share or sell confidential information to third parties unless permitted to do so by The Client.
1. All Quotes are issued with the Intake Packet
2. All Quotes are valid for 30 days
3. All Quotes allow for three revisions, any additional revisions will accrue additional fees.
4. Quotes are an estimate, and costs may change between Quote and Issue of Final Invoice.
5. The Client will be informed promptly of additional fees and costs accrued by The Clients Copy and Content project needs.
1. 50% of quoted costs are to be paid as a non-refundable deposit before the commencement of the Project which will not become ‘ACTIVE’ with AEM until this payment has been made.
2. Payments for Final Invoices are required within 7 days after AEM issue the final invoice.
3. AEM retains copyright ownership of the Copy until the final invoice has been paid. The Client CANNOT use the Copy until The Client's account has been paid in full.
1. The Client is required to nominate one person to be the primary contact
2. This person is to be responsible for providing a full and concise list of directions and revisions
3. If revisions or communications are not received with 7 days of the drafts being issued from Alaina Elise Media. Alaina Elise Media will issue The Client a final Invoice.
4. The Client agrees that the primary contact is responsible for any errors in the Copy or Content contracted from Alaina Elise Media.
1. Copyright of any Copy created by Alaina Elise Media remains in the ownership of Alaina Elise Media until The Client has paid their account in full.
2. Alaina Elise Media reserves the right to use selected extracts or whole copy for promotional purposes unless The Client specifically asks AEM not to do so.
Liability, Release, and Indemnity
1. Any changes or edits published that were not completed by Alaina Elise Media will void any agreement held between Alaina Elise Media and The Client and remove any responsibility that Alaina Elise Media holds or is perceived to hold in relation to the Copy.
2. Alaina Elise Media will assume all materials provided by the client are factual and accurate.
3. When The Client has paid the final invoice in full, the Copy will become the copyrighted property of The Client. At which point, Alaina Elise Media is no longer owner of or responsible for the Copy contracted from Alaina Elise Media.
4. Upon identification of illegal or Misleading or Deceptive materials, Alaina Elise Media reserves the right to terminate the project if an agreement is not reached with The Client to change, edit, or adapt such material and information. No refunds will be issued in this instance.
5. Alaina Elise Media makes every effort to provide The Client with Copy that has been proofread; however, we cannot guarantee that The Client's Copy will be free of all typographical, grammatical, or factual errors.
6. The Client indemnifies Alaina Elise Media against any claims or costs that may arise from the appearance of errors in the Copy issued to The Client from Alaina Elise Media.
7. It is the client’s responsibility to submit all Copy for legal review where required.
1. While Alaina Elise Media will endeavour to complete your project in the time frame agreed. The Client agrees that extensions may be issued, and additional cost accrued if the project's scope is not clearly defined before the commencement of the project or if The Client makes profound changes to the original brief.
2. Alaina Elise Media requires at least, 14-days’ notice for small projects. And 21- days’ notice for large projects prior to The Client's need for the Copy.
3. Small projects are 500 words or less
4. Large projects are 1500 words or less
5. Advertisements or infographics require at least 14 days’ notice prior to The Client's need for the Copy.
1. Email is the preferred communication medium between Alaina Elise Media and The Client after the initial Brief and Consultations. Phone calls will be followed by emails for clarification and agreement between parties.
2. The Client’s person of contact will be required to submit any changes of contact in writing to Alaina Elise Media prior to the cessation of their role as Primary Contact.
3. Any changes requested from anyone other than the Primary Contact will not be applied to the Copy without agreement from the Primary Contact.
1. The 50% deposit is non-refundable
2. Either or both parties may cancel the Agreement at any time. Refunds may or may not be honoured.
Refunds that will NOT be honoured will be the result of one of the following reasons:
(1) Malicious or unlawful behaviours including, but not limited to, hate speech, issuing of threats (verbal, written, or physical), Harassment, or misuse of private information.
(2) Copyright violations and infringements, or
(3) Misleading or deceptive conduct, or
(4) Violations or infringements of the law, or
(5) Unlawful or harmful use of Copy and Content provided by Alaina Elise Media
(6) Use of copyrighted copy and content without permission
Refunds will be honoured, with the exception of the 50% Initial Deposit amount.
(1) Up till 3 days AFTER the Copy is signed over to The Client but before The Client uses the Copy.
(2) Under proven Copyright violations and infringements by Alaina Elise Media
(3) Under proven Violations or infringements of the law by Alaina Elise Media
(4) Under proven misuse of private information by Alaina Elise Media
(5) As determined by Alaina Elise Media under ACCC Standards and Consumer laws of Australia
(6) If you find Alaina Elise Media is unable to provide an adequate service before the second revision and The Client has already paid in full.
1. Alaina Elise Media will NOT issue refunds for internal Business Copy or Content such as Codes of Conduct or Policies and Procedures, etc.
2. Alaina Elise Media will not refund The Client's initial deposit upon cancellation, nor will The Client be charged a cancellation fee.
3. Refunds for ‘change of Mind’ will not be considered or honoured by Alaina Elise Media.
Please note Evidence may be required to prove the claim of either or both parties.
Alaina Elise Media reserves the right to change the Terms and Services at any time. Alaina Elise Media will endeavour to inform our clients of such changes. All changes can be found at Alaina Elise Media
The internet and your customers are ever-changing and getting smarter. In good conscience, Alaina Elise Media cannot guarantee that your copy or content will perform to its intended or desired results. What we can guarantee is:
Last Updated: 11/09/2021
Advertising Cookie and OPT-OUT
Anyone may opt-out of the Google cookie at any time by going to your Google Ad Settings. You may also opt-out of the Facebook cookie at any time by going to your Facebook Ad Settings.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide - When you sign up with or make a purchase from Alaina Elise Media, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit with information from other Alaina Elise Media services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. This won't occur without your consent unless necessary for site security. This data is retained for as long as you have an active account with Alaina Elise Media.
• Log information - When you access the services of Alaina Elise Media via browser, application, or other clients, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. These logs are retained for a period of 90 days and are used for anti-fraud and website security purposes. After this time, these logs are automatically deleted.
• Traffic information - When you access the services of Alaina Elise Media via browser, application, or other, clients we record certain information using our traffic analysis tool, Google Analytics. This information is stored in an anonymised manner but does include data such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. These logs are retained for a period of 24 months and are used for content and marketing planning purposes so that we can improve our content and services. After this time, these logs are automatically deleted.
• User communications - When you send an email or other communications to Alaina Elise Media, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services or products but never to send you communications that are not related to your purchases or that you haven't opted into.
• Location data - Alaina Elise Media, or Bluebird and Crow, or Me and Miss Tay offers location-enabled services. If you use those services, Alaina Elise Media, or Bluebird and Crow, or Me and Miss Tay may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID). This data is not recorded without your permission and is not held for any longer than the period required to deliver the specific service.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
• Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
• Protect the rights or property of Alaina Elise Media, or Bluebird and Crow, or Me and Miss Tay or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Alaina Elise Media, or Bluebird and Crow, or Me and Miss Tay processes personal information on our servers in Australia. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
You can use your account on the Alaina Elise Media website to review and control the information stored in your Alaina Elise Media account. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of the Alaina Elise Media, features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Alaina Elise Media, only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Alaina Elise Media in the following limited circumstances:
• We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Alaina Elise Media, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Alaina Elise Media employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing And Updating Personal Information
When you use Alaina Elise Media services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may also remain in our backup systems for a period of time.